Who We Are
The CHORUS OF COMMUNITIES was formed in 1990 by Rev. William Moore (director) and his wife Rev. Nancy Moore (organist). Its purpose is to provide high-quality cultural events in the local area and to raise benefit money for Clara Maass Medical Center and other worthy charities.
Since 1990, with a force of 25-30 singers, professional soloists, orchestra, and an outstanding conductor and organist, the Chorus has regularly performed 2 to 3 concerts per year. The membership is largely drawn from over 20 churches (in Essex, Hudson, Bergen, and Union counties). Beginning this fall (2015) rehearsals will be held at our new home at Grace Episcopal Church 200 Highfield Lane in Nutley, NJ.
Rehearsals will begin on Monday, September 14th from 7:00 - 9:00 PM for the 2015 Fall Season.
We hope you will join us!
Artistic Director, Richard Morgan
Karen Szczepanski, Concert Committee Chair
Photos courtesy of Steven Reynolds
Who We Benefit
The CHORUS OF COMMUNITIES is a non-profit organization which has, to date, benefited the following charities:
▪ The Stephen Toledo Pediatric Fund at Clara Maass
▪ The Cancer Center at Clara Maass
▪ The Scleroderma Foundation (Tri-State Chapter)
▪ The Pastoral Care Dept. at Clara Maass
▪ The Safe House at Clara Maass
▪ The NJ Symphony Orchestra's Education & Community Program
When, Where and What We Perform
The Chorus regularly performs during the Christmas and Easter seasons. Over the years, we have performed at:
▪ St. Valentine Catholic Church, Bloomfield
▪ Belleville Public Library, Belleville
▪ St. Peter's Catholic Church, Belleville
▪ Queen of Peace Catholic Church, No. Arlington
▪ First Presbyterian Church, No. Arlington
▪ Grace Episcopal Church, Nutley
▪ St. James Episcopal Church, Montclair
▪ St. Cecilia Catholic Church, Kearny
▪ Belleville High School, Belleville
▪ Clara Maass Medical Center, Belleville
▪ West Hudson Hospital, Kearny
▪ Grace United Methodist Church, Kearny
▪ Immaculate Conception Church, Newark
▪ Kearny AARP, Kearny
▪ Arlington Women's Club, Kearny
▪ Wesley United Methodist Church, Belleville
▪ Bethany Lutheran Church, Belleville
▪ Trinity Lutheran Church, E. Orange
Our music ranges from classical works to carols and spirituals to popular songs and patriotic songs.
Our Next Concert
Our 26th Annual Winter Concert will be held on
Saturday, 12 December 2015 at 7:30 PM at
St. Peter the Apostle Roman Catholic Church in Belleville.
Come, celebrate the season!